When looking for specific files on the PR2 or any system, or something related to a keyword:
When looking through files, you can use grep to find the lines relative to what you're looking for to save you time
cat checkethercat.sh | grep /dev/
Some common techniques for debugging the PR2:
- Firstly, read the Support Wiki FAQ which has some interesting information.
- Understand some common ROS debugging techniques ROS Debugging
Debugging the ethercat network. running the script
checkethercat.sh will present any problems with the ethercat network.
The motorconf function and knowledge of the ethercat_hardware package will also help here.
Debugging the entire PR2 system with pr2-systemcheck.
The pr2-systemcheck function should be run after the command robot stop. It will give you a full diagnosis of the system.
Using the PR2 motor actuator diagnostic tool to find bugs and to help PR2 users give us a good idea of whats wrong
These videos presented at the PR2 workshop
- Starting PR2 Diagnostics And Debugging
- The PR2's Dashboard
- Runstops, diagnostic logs, PR2 dashboard
- Starting and Stopping The PR2 controllers to test what is broken
- Using RViz to debug the PR2's sensors
- Viewing the links and frames of a robot in RViz
- More Rviz videos
- Another Rviz video
- Using rosbags to view how someone elses robot broke (or your own)
- Using the KVM To Debug The PR2 During Start-up